Sunday, June 3, 2007

South Silver



This weekend was craaazzzy!! Evan and his wife Allison, picked up Jeremy and I in Modesto. The original plan was that Evan, Massa and Gene were going to run the South Silver. Jeremy and I were going to go along for the ride and to film their run. We stayed the night in Rancho Cordova on Friday night and went up to South Silver on Saturday. I had brought my boat along in the hopes of running one or two drops. We met up with Gene and his wife Kristin and Massa. Just as we were rounding up to leave to the put-in, we ran into Thomas and his wife Stacy. Thomas was looking for someone to run with, while his wife ran shuttle. Lucky for us that we met Thomas there, he's run this run five times or so.
Even with a map, it's hard to find your way around up there, so it was fun frog-leaping the cars in hopes that the other guy knew the way.
Everyone walked down to Autobahn for the start of the run. Jeremy set up for videography and we were off. Autobahn was a crazy slide. I was giggling the whole way down. Everyone ran it clean. After that the drops seems to slide into one another. The teacups were bigger than I thought they would be. Everyone else seemed to have expected it...and were ready for it. Skyscraper came next and was pretty intimidating. Allison, Kristin and Stacy were had hiked up and were taking pics. Everyone ran it so clean (except me, my boat ran it pretty sweet though while I walked it). My boat pinned in the cave at the bottom Off Ramp. Thomas pulled a live bait and swam across and got my boat for me (Thank you, thank you, thank you). Several other big drops followed: nose job, plastic surgery and quadruple bypass and some stuff in between. At the end of the day, it's safe to say, we had all used up our adrenaline reserves and were ready to kick it! That is, after the old booty beer, enjoyed by Gene and yours truly. It was an awesome run that I know I wouldn't have gotten through without Evan's encouragement and Thomas' excellent lines. Massa's positive outlook on the run and no fear attitude was super cool. Thanks to Gene for pulling me out just above Skyscraper (saved me a very ugly swim). And thanks to Jeremy for scurrying along side the river to capture it all on tape, or else no one would have believed me.
See you next time
Brandi Lynn




No comments: