Sunday, December 3, 2006

2007 Jackson Mega Rocker

Some of us, especially me, have been excited about this boat since it was announced back in the summer. It's a big boat for big water. Yesterday, FedEx brought us an early Christmas present in the form of a Black Mega Rocker. I have taken a few pictures of it to give you an idea of the size, shape, and outfitting.

I have not had a chance to go creeking in it yet, but I did manage to find a nice overhang to seal launch off of. Entering the water after the 10 ft drop, it resurfaced fast and straight. My first impressions of the boat are, it turns extremely fast, has way more rocker then the original, and it tracks very well. Also, the MG rolls easy and is very roomy. Enjoy the pics. I'll update this at the end of the month, after I run some creeks in the boat.

For more info on the Mega Rocker, visit http://www.jacksonkayak.com/kayaks/product.cfm?product=rockerseries
and http://playak.com/kayaks.php?id=489


Lots of rocker and volume


07 outfitting upgrades include, new backband and storage access in the bow


Here is a shot of the folding bulkhead in the bow


The strap you see here was a nice suprise. It gives you somethig to grab while carrying your boat. The bungee cord holds your foam in place. ( I cut the foam block with a razor knife, it did not come from the factor cut so poorly)

No comments: