Sunday, December 10, 2006

Willow Creek Mt. Biking (Click here)

Saturday December 9th, 2006

Today Hans, Jeff, and myself went up to Willow Creek to do some mountain biking. The last time I was in Willow Creek was in spring while kayaking. It's a very beautiful place and we were there on a nice overcast winter day. Since Jeff had biked there before, Hans and I followed his lead and made our way up the hill. To our dismay, we had to push our bikes most of the way up the trail. This slowed our progress, but the relaxed pace allowed us to frequently scout the creek. Hans checking out Devils Slide

It was fun seeing it without much water. It gives you a different perspective on how rapids are formed.
After we made it to the top, the real fun began. Hans and I followed Jeff as we made our way down the steep terrain. Hans on the steep stuff

I did my best to take pictures and not fall on my face, while Hans and Jeff made it look easy.
Jeff taking a much earned break

Both of these guys have been biking for many years and they ride really well. I on the other hand feel like at any moment, I’m going to go over the handlebars and roll down the mountain. Luckily, that never happened and we all had a great time.

Enjoy the pictures and videos
Evan

Click here for Video #1

Click here for Video #2

No comments: