Friday, January 12, 2007

Adventure Larry checks in...

I talked to Evan on Thursday night. He told me how much fun he and Paul had on the N.F. Kings River. I spoke with Jeremy and he drove from Modesto today so we could run part of that and part of the main fork of the Kings River.

On the N.F. I rolled once and the cold water took my breath away. We continued down to the main fork of the Kings River and it began to snow on us. After a quick scout of Rooster Tail we ran it almost flawlessly. It was roaring at this flow.

We left a car at the P.G. & E. Kings River Powerhouse for the take-out. When we got to that rapid we did a quick boat scout and headed down. I was worried about undercuts against the large rocks on river right. Both of us flipped next to those rocks and got a little beat up underwater, with both of us swimming. Jeremy's boat got pinned and I continued downstream with mine. Only took us a little under an hour to get it unpinned.

By this time the snow had picked up and my car's thermometer registered at 33˙. Yes, it was a great day on the river.

A beautiful start

Pinned Boat

One Hour later and it's still pinned

Here comes the White Stuff

Glad to have the boat on the car and off the river

No comments: